Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yippee!

It's funny how excited I am at the thought of getting new "toys." By "toys" I mean an upgraded insulin pump and CGM sensors. It's sort of like getting the latest technology...except this is not for my entertainment! Maybe excited isn't the right word, but I am eager for tools that will help me to better manage my diabetes. I know I am for sure getting the insulin pump upgrade, but I don't know about the sensors yet, so I don't want to get my hopes up about that. I know my endo said I should be fine, so let's hope I don't need a doctor's note.

I am also a little antsy because my new pump is also a new color. I've had the standard black color for 3 years now...it'll be odd to have something different. For those who don't know, I tend to keep my pump hidden in my bra since my pants are tight and the pockets do not have much give. This way, there's no bulge in my pocket and it's easier to hide the wire. I've noticed that I can't exactly keep the pump in my bra when wearing a white tanktop because the black usually shows through...I usually have to double up the tanktops, but I still get a little self-conscious about it. I know it's not a big deal, but it's another (small) reminder that I have to make some adjustments due to diabetes. I didn't think of this at the time of getting my pump, but now that I have a chance to get a new color with the upgrade, I decided to go with the clear color. Hopefully I am not disappointed, seeing as how I will be stuck with it for years! I know it seems a little vain, but this is something that's attached to you 24/7/365, so in my mind, I better like every little thing about it. Also, it'll cost a few hundred dollars, so it better be worth the cost!


3 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I too get fired up with new "D-toys" I barely got the sensor out of the box before I had it jammed into my belly, pushing buttons! Awesome, keep us all posted, wait, that is the point of the blog, LOL.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. J and I are the same way! Meter skinns, pump packs....anything that makes d easier and adds some fun..why nnot!?
    Clear sounds cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE :)

    Over Christmas break, we decided to add a CGM to Sugar's "toy-box-o'-tools"...I was so excited knowing that the process had been started. It moved MUCH faster than we had expected and we had it a week later.

    Like Trev, the hubs slapped some EMLA on her tummy and fired it up as fast as he could...I, on the other hand, was feeling as if we needed to take some time to get to know each other a little better first. You know, like a first date :)

    I can't wait to see your new color!

    ReplyDelete